COAT’s SQA Training Centre
COAT is an SQA Approved Centre and provides work based training leading to the SVQ in Environmental Conservation at Level 2 for people who are interested in working in the practical conservation and the upland path construction industry.
We are currently delivering two training courses, one in Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park and one in the Cairngorms National Park as part of our 5 year project, The Mountains & The People
Path Skills Training – Course details – OPEN TO APPLICATIONS
We are currently accepting applications for our 2017 intake of trainees to start work in April. This will be for both National Park Areas. Each course will contain the following elements.
- Runs from April to November 2017.
- The course is full time and run for 28 weeks.
- Working hours are Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Trainees are paid at the current minimum wage.
- The course consists of practical conservation training including upland and lowland path work, fencing, dyking, habitat management, surveying, health and safety, first aid, mountain awareness, environmental good practice, team working and communication skills.
- All trainees are offered two, one-week work experience placements.
- There is a program of talks from related organisations who provide a wider context to the practical training provided.
For a first hand account of life as a trainee check out The Mountains and Me blog produced by Gill Walker, on of our 2016 Lomond trainees: The Mountains & Me Blog
For more information on how to apply click here: How To Apply